July 26-30, 2021, marked the first wholly-in-person conference for the SharePoint community in a l-o-n-g time. While only a couple hundred people attended, the attendees and speakers alike all seemed to agree that in-person was very much missed.
To kick off the live podcast recording, Craig and Jay discussed the conference and some of their presentations, with a focus on SharePoint to SharePoint Online Migration and the importance of Information Architecture as you change versions. The full list of their presentations is below:
- ADM103 – How to Ensure a Seamless Hybrid SharePoint Environment by Craig Jahnke and Jay Leask
- ADM201 – The Fun of a Modern SharePoint Migration by Craig Jahnke and Jay Leask
- BV301 – What Should I Use and When? (Teams, Groups, SharePoint, and Yammer) by Jay Leask
- BV304 – Intro to Viva Insights and Workplace Analytics by Craig Jahnke
- OFF106 – Information Governance Strategy in Four Steps by Jay Leask
- TMS102 – Getting Started with Teams Live Events by Craig Jahnke
- WRK103 – Accelerate Office 365 Success: How to best Plan, Manage, and Control Migration Projects by Jay Leask
They were then joined by Microsoft Office Apps & Services MVP William “Andy” Huneycutt. While we’ve all had to adjust how we work, Andy is a trainer by trade and he’s created a portable production studio which enables him to continue to perform his training classes from home, on the road, or from the local coffee shop.
What’s in Andy’s toolbag? Well, as of July 2021 it includes:
- Camera 1: Sony a6500 with Sigma 30mm f1.4
- Camera 2: Sony a6000 with Sony 18-105mm f4.0
- Tripod: DJI Ronin SC with gimbal
- Lighting (on the road): Aputure MC
- Lighting (at home): Elgato Key Light
- Microphone: RODE NT-USB Mini
- Gaming Key Switch: Elgato Stream Deck
- Audio Video Hardware Converter: Blackmagic ATEM Mini (used to downscale the 4k camera to 1080p for broadcasting)
About Andy Huneycutt
William (Andy) Huneycutt is an Enterprise Collaboration Specialist and Microsoft MVP for Office Apps and Services. He works primarily with SharePoint, Office 365, and Microsoft Teams.
Since 2011, Andy has worked as a training instructor delivering training, consulting, and coaching services to assist information workers in better understanding and successfully implementing Microsoft enterprise collaboration solutions. His experience as a Microsoft Certified Trainer helps him develop effective training solutions for today’s diverse and ever-changing training needs.
Based out of Charlotte, NC, Andy is currently a leader for the Charlotte Area SharePoint User Group www.casug.org. Additionally, he organizes Charlotte SharePoint and Office 365 Saturday. He also serves as a board member for the SharePoint Institute, an organization dedicated to advancement of professionals through real-world certification.